Insurance law covers a wide spectrum of services ranging from the establishment of insurance, brokerage and reinsurance companies, regulation and licencing, ensuring product compliance with legal requirements, representation before supervisory authorities, drafting insurance contracts, dealing with insured events to the resolution of insurance-related disputes.
We advise companies operating in the insurance sector on all issues surrounding legal requirements and regulatory framework, product development, investments, insurance broking, and on other matters in the field. Our extensive experience enables us to successfully represent and assist you in all issues you may face − from drafting documents to advising on the compliance with Lithuanian law.
The Glimstedt litigation team has a far-reaching expertise accumulated over the years in successfully representing world-class insurance companies in professional indemnity and directors’ and officers’ (D&O) liability as well as in construction insurance matters.
Legal services offered by us to the insurance sector include:
- establishment and licencing of insurance, brokerage and reinsurance companies;
- ensuring product compliance with legal requirements;
- advising on product development and insurance regulatory matters;
- representation before supervisory authorities;
- representation in negotiations on insurance contracts;
- dealing with insured events and claims;
- settlement of insurance disputes;
- advising on professional indemnity and directors’ and officers’ (D&O) liability matters.