Actual information for the citizens of Ukraine
Ukrainian citizens with biometric passports are granted visa-free regime, what means that they can freely stay during 90 days in Lithuania and in the whole Schengen area within 180 days.
What to do after arrival to Lithuania:
- From 1 of January 2023 Ukrainian war refugees are issued (replaced) with digital temporary residence permits in Lithuania. After creating an account on the site www.migracija.lt, you need to fill out an application and provide the necessary information. Subsequently, the employees of the Migration Department will issue a digital temporary residence permit, which will be valid from 5 March 2023 to 4 March 2024. You will find the received document in your MIGRIS accounts. Visual instructions can be found here: www.youtube.com.
- If you have come to Lithuania for a new time, you need to apply for a digital temporary residence permit in Lithuania through the MIGRIS information system, but once you will need to visit the selected customer service department of the Migration Department: Vilnius, Vytenio str. 18; Kaunas, A. Juozapavičiaus pr. 57; Klaipeda, Kauno str. 6; Šiauliai, Aušros al. 19; Panevėžys, K. Binkio st. 14; Alytus, Jotvingių str. 8; Marijampolė, Kęstučio str. 1; Utena, Maironio str. 4; Telšiai, Žemaitės str. 34; Taurage; Stoties str. 15; Elektrėnai, Draugystės str. 32; Visaginas, Veterans str. 13; Šalčininkai, Architekto str. 4.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO REGISTER? It is necessary to register so that we can take care of you and create conditions for you to stay legally in Lithuania.
AT REGISTRATION CENTER:
- you will be provided with detailed information about the possibilities of your stay in Lithuania;
- you will be provided with temporary accommodation in Lithuania;
- you will receive food rations, you will receive basic medical care.
CONDITIONS FOR STAYING IN LITHUANIA, after registration you will be able to:
- obtain a temporary residence permit in Lithuania (for 1 year);
- a national visa (for 1 year).
What if my national visa or temporary residence permit has expired?
Ukrainian citizens holding biometric passports and whose national visas or temporary residence permits expire in the Republic of Lithuania can immediately start enjoying the 90-day visa-free regime upon the expiry of these documents.
What if a decision to return to a foreign country has been made with respect to a Ukrainian citizen or his/her family member?
Ukrainian citizens and their family members who have been subject to a return decision may remain in the Republic of Lithuania. The Migration Department will publish additional information on the steps to be taken by these persons.
What should I do if a Ukrainian citizen or his/her family member is in Lithuania illegally (e.g. after the expiry of the visa-free regime)?
The Migration Department will accept applications for temporary residence permits or visas from Ukrainian citizens and their family members who are illegally present in Lithuania. At this stage, no return or expulsion decisions will be taken in respect of Ukrainian nationals and their family members.
Will visas or temporary residence permits held by Ukrainian citizens and their family members be cancelled?
No, national visas and temporary residence permits held by Ukrainian citizens and their family members will not be cancelled.
Will national visas or temporary residence permits be issued to Ukrainian citizens, who have arrived in Lithuania without valid foreign passports?
National visas will not be issued to citizens of Ukraine who are not holders of valid foreign passports, but applications for temporary residence permits for humanitarian reasons will be accepted from such foreigners.
Do Ukrainian citizens can be employed in Lithuania?
Yes, all Ukrainians, which have arrived to Lithuania, can be legally employed in Lithuania and they do not need to get work permit.
- if you have a biometric passport, you can start working immediately.
- if you do not have a biometric passport, you will be able to start working after registering with the Migration Department (department or registration center).