Phone: +372 509 _0647
Marko has been dealing with tax since the beginning of his professional career in 2000. Marko has authored many professional publications, books, and articles on taxation and participates in academic research and lectures international taxation at the university.
Marko has significant experience in counselling clients on taxation-related matters such as:
- Global tax management
- Holding structures
- Tax advice for M&A and corporate reorganizations
- Financing structures
- Inbound and outbound investment structures
- Profit repatriation and loss utilization strategies
- Cross-border employment
- Permanent establishment
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax litigation
Marko is also advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, international loans, project finance, private equity and other matters. He has significant experience in counselling clients on the following:
- Transaction Structures
- Legal and Tax Due Diligence
- Acquisition Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Financing Agreements
- Payment Services
Education and qualifications
- University of Tartu, Faculty of Law (Ph.D in progress)
- Insitute of Law of Tartu University, 2006
- Estonian Bar Association
- Marko is a member of the following practice groups: Tax, M&A and B&F.
- IFLR 1000 (2013): Glimstedt make it into the rankings this year after securing a number of impressive mandates advising leading banks. A rival peer from a tier one firm says: "We are starting to see Glimstedt making more of an impact on the Estonian market." With Marko Saag as department head, the regional firm is bolstered by an extensive though independent network spanning Sweden, the Baltic States and Belarus.
- Chambers Europe (2013): Marko Saag's broad practice covers M&A, banking and finance, and tax. Sources laud his "fast and efficient" way of working.
- Chambers Europe (2012): "Tax expert Marko Saag impresses clients with the quality of his advice. He also advises on financing and transactions."
- The Legal 500 (2011): comments: GLIMSTEDT is widely acknowledged as a leader in the field, largely due to the profile and expertise of Priit Lätt with support from experienced
- associates including Marko Saag.
- Tax Directors Handbook (2009): included Marko into the top 250 tax attorneys in the world.
- Tax Directors Handbook (2008): included Marko Saag in the top 250 tax attorneys in the world.
- Russian (conversational)
Speaker at a number of conferences and seminars.